Do you crave to get a perfect set of teeth and a gorgeous smile? Well, cosmetic dentistry procedures are here for you! They have made it very easy to repair your oral issues and also redesign your smile into an amazing one. If you’ve got chipped, discolored, cracked, stained, or gapped teeth, then you can definitely opt for dental veneers. Porcelain veneers are actually paper-thin shells of porcelain that match the color of your teeth and are affixed to the teeth’ surface. They are custom-made and can restore balance and symmetry to your smile and give you the feel and look of original teeth. Veneers also help to change the length, size, shape, or color of your teeth.
While temporary veneers aren’t created to last, permanent veneers are composed of carefully selected materials that will remain for long. Just like other dental procedures, you will absolutely require following certain dietary guidelines to prevent your veneers from getting damaged and preserve your veneers. In this blog, we shall discuss foods and beverages that you must avoid with permanent veneers so that you can maintain a dazzling smile for years to come.
Foods that you should not eat with Permanent Veneers
- Foods that are very hard or crunchy (such as popcorn kernels and hard nuts. When you have foods, for example, chicken legs or bone-in steak, just ensure that you don’t bite very close to the bone)
- Alcoholic drinks, which can gradually ruin the bonding material
- Chewing tobacco
- Dark liquids ( for example red wine, black tea, colas, and coffee should be taken only in moderation)
- Biting into ice
- Acidic foods and beverages, for example, tomato sauce, lemonade, or citrus fruits (these items can ruin the cement that is used to insert the veneers onto your teeth)
- Red peppers
- Sticky candies
Taking care of your Permanent Porcelain Veneers
- If you drink coffee or tea on a daily basis, it is better that you sip these beverages only through a straw. The straw helps to minimize the amount of time that the liquid comes in contact with your teeth.
- You should also quit smoking since it can convert the color of your teeth.
- Besides that, dentists usually advise that you clean your mouth with water or antibacterial mouthwash after any meal. This minimizes the risk of staining.
- People who have got temperature sensitivity need to avoid extremely hot and cold food or drinks. When you cut the food into tiny pieces or take small sips it can also minimize sensitivity as well.
- Also, don’t use your teeth for all other functions, for example, holding heavy things, or trying to tear through wrappings and packages.
The most interesting fact about permanent porcelain veneers is that they are less vulnerable to stains and can easily be polished. So, even if you get a bit of stain on your teeth, your dentist can certainly clean them in just some minutes. When you take proper care of your porcelain veneers, they can remain up to 20 years or even more than that. Though the porcelain veneers are strong enough, but to protect them and lessen the requirement of professional cleanings, it is suggested to stay away from a few types of food in your diet routine.
Get the help you need!
You can get in touch with Rose Dental Care if you want to receive the best porcelain veneers in Tyler, TX. Our entire dental team works hard to deliver the best treatment to our patients for any of their dental issues along with optimal comfort. We are just a call away.